Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Meowskvich whines about Final Fantasy 8
I don't mind the level scaling. I feel it's not a bad way to reduce the need to level grind; in some ways, it discourages grinding. Some enemies get REALLY strong at high levels (Ruby Dragons...). I almost wonder if that was in response to FF7 players who got everyone up to LV 99, got all of their best weapons, Materia, Limit Breaks, and the game-breaking Knights of the Round... and then complained that the endgame was too easy...

Of course, that's not to say FF8 doesn't have ways to break the game into itty, bitty pieces. The level-scaling was meant to encourage use of the Junction System instead of just EXP farming. Of course, if you go out of your way for the right spells you can boost your stats up to obscene levels even early on; it just requires a different sort of grinding.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Meowskvich whines about Final Fantasy 8 - by JadePharaoh - 07-16-2014, 05:30 PM