Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon
Now for what is widely regarded the worst episode in the series. Not only is the story pretty ridiculous, but the production value is the worst I have seen in this series so far.

I have my own theory here; the production crew was past the deadline on coming up with a new episode, they got drunk after watching The Lion King about ten times or so that night, and come up with their new episode that was tossed together and sent in at the very last minute...

- Robot masters of the week are Brightman and Starman. Shame this would be Starman's swan song, as this is his only episode...
- Like this last episode, this one is all about magic. The main villain, Taar, is a lion-person with the power to turn anyone else into furries as well, that are also under his control.
- As I said, this had total Lion King vibes; Taar not only looks a lot like a humanoid version of Scar, but the name itself sounds similar.
- Starman doesn't use the Star Crash as a shield; he just fires star-shaped projectiles from what I can tell.
- What is the point of a curse when it makes the subject of the curse even STRONGER than he was before?!?! I pointed this out with Imhotep in The Mummy (and I otherwise really like that series) and I point it out again now. Taar went from being a dick, to being a dick with the power to turn just about anyone into a lion-person bound to his will. That is a minus how, exactly???
- So the big turning point happens when Wily, who thought he had an ally in Taar, is turned into a lion-man as well as Dr. Light (seems Taar was not willing to share the top of the heap; who knew?). Taar then turns the robot masters to his side, along with Roll as well, thanks to a reprogramming device Wily had on him; the same device he used to reprogram Dr. Light's robot masters way back in the very first episode!! There's an interesting bit of continuity. Still, it's a little odd that Taar knew of the device and how it worked, just at the time he did.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon - by JadePharaoh - 02-11-2017, 01:19 AM