Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Poll: What was your first system?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Atari/older
75.00%
3 75.00%
Nes
25.00%
1 25.00%
Snes/Sega Gen
0%
0 0%
Playstation/N64/Dreamcast
0%
0 0%
PS2/XBOX/GC
0%
0 0%
Wii/PS3/XBOX1
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll 28
How old are you exactly?
[Image: 10848583_10152953855407998_6704716869698...e=59801D2D]
The first one in the house when I was a child was an NES, though we had a 2600 kicking around way before then. It ended up at my grandparents place and I'd dig it out and play that from time to time.
Atari 2600. And I still remember the first three games I got with it; Stargate (a version of Defender; had nothing to do with the sci-fi series), Crystal Castles, and Pac-man Jr.

We had a bunch of 2600 games... Two versions of Pac Man, Mrs. Pac Man, Defender, Adventure, Jungle Hunt, Warlords, Baseball, Blackjack, Combat... there was one with planes and submarines that I can't remember the name of.

Later on in life I picked up some other games like ET... they're in a box around here somewhere.
Yeah, there was a lot of 2600 goodness I played back then too. Adventure and Jungle Hunt I remember and were pretty awesome. Even the 2600 version of Pac-man was enjoyable for its time; even if it's frowned upon now for being a poor imitation of the arcade original and held partially responsible for the video game crash of '83. The ones with planes and submarines; maybe you're thinking of River Raid 1 & 2? As far as the planes are concerned anyway; they're what come to my mind as far as airplane-based shooters on the 2600. Seaquest is the submarine game I think of for the system.

The 2600 version of Mario Bros. my first exposure to Mario and Luigi also. Venture, Haunted House, Donkey Kong Jr, Kangaroo, and Vanguard are other games that come to mind as far as my Atari days are concerned.