Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Sites & Avatars
Smile 
So as I've had a little downtime lately I've been trying to fix a few things here at the site that I've been putting off. Mostly because they're annoying and dumb and I hate them.... but then I remember that you guys are less annoying, dumb, and cause for my hate. So I do it for you.

Anyway... What we've got going on here are some additions to the social part of the site. I'll show some pictures of where to find this stuff.

First is just getting to your User Control Panel. That's where the magic happens and what people see when they click your name. Not in the chat though, that'll let you have a private conversation with someone.

Anyway...

Step 1 - Click on User CP

This, obviously, will show you your User Control Panel. This was all the spots for the info you share with the rest of us. Most of the stuff is pretty self explanatory but we'll look at two things for now.

Step 2 - Changing your Avatar

A little more than halfway down on the left you'll see where you can click to change your avatar.

Step 3 - Where's your Avatar?

You can either upload your own, link to one online somewhere, or use the library they we've put together. The library is still in the process of getting cleaned up at the time of this post, so some of the images may be a bit large/strange ratios/too small/whatever. I'm working on that. Promise.

Clicking on the Gallery button will take you to... well... the gallery. Select the one you want and hit save at the bottom of the page. Done.

Step 4 - Social Sites

If you want to share your online presence with everyone here, this is the place to do it. Clicking on the Social Sites link will take you to a page populated with the sites we currently have in the plugin. I can add to this or remove things from it so if there's something missing you think needs to be there, let me know and I can get it added. All you have to do is stick your user ID from said site into the box and hit save. Once you have at least one of those filled in, the box will appear on your profile.

Of course most of that stuff is totally optional, but we don't really want to be so brash as to say we're the most inclusive site on the internet. Of course we want you to be able to keep whatever you want private, but that also means sharing what you want with us here. Sometimes it's kinda nice to just go to a profile and learn a bit about someone. Ya know?

Anyway, in the stack of things that are going to be added are also comments on profiles, I've been working on a game library, and we're trying to get comments on the videos here setup as well. As things change and get finished, I'll post about em here.

Thanks everyone for the time, support, and everything else.

Oh yeah, if you want to see your profile, as others do, you can just click on your name anywhere on the site. Normally it's at the top of the page under the navigation bar when you're in the forums.