Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon

~Under the sea...

- Our two robot masters of the week, Waveman and Diveman, seriously clash with one another. Waveman looks perfect compared to his original artwork, whereas Diveman looks really off-model. I know different episodes of an animated series can be worked on by different studios, but I'm starting to wonder if different characters are worked on by different people as well.
- "It seems Dr. Wily is trying to take over the mine..."
Dr Light, you are once again the champion of stating the obvious...
- This is the first episode where we see Megaman seemingly become weaker when he's underwater, something that never happens in the actual games. Granted, we see Megaman run out of energy all the time in this series when the plot calls for it (so that Eddie can deliver an E-Tank, here called "energy cans"), but it seems to be more likely to happen whenever Megaman is underwater.
- Funny, though, how this never happens with any of the robot masters. Hell, we see Gutsman get his arm torn off, still underwater with sparking wires, and he nonchalantly picks it up and puts it back on, no worse for wear!
- I will say, Wily had another good scheme going. The attack on the mine being a diversion while he went an pulled off an impressive gambit mostly offscreen...
- Then he blows it by falling into Bond Villain Stupidity. He has our heroes trapped in the fake lab carrying them underwater. He has a self-destruct for it that would have enabled him to kill them all before they even knew what hit them. Instead he decides to just gloat about the full details of his plan before leaving them with tools that Dr. Light was able to use to help him escape, not bothering with the self-destruct until after.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon - by JadePharaoh - 04-19-2016, 10:48 PM