Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon

This show seems to have been made shortly after Jurassic Park came on the scene in a big way, so I guess a parody was inevitable.

- Toadman looks kinda ridiculous with that Joker grin added to him...
- And yet just like the games, it's best not to take him too lightly; that Rain Flush is nasty.
- What's up with Otto? He seems slightly reptilian himself, with his claws on his hands and patches of what look like scales on his skin. He also has a dim view of humanity, feeling dinosaurs should have inherited the earth in its place. It would have been interesting to see more of his character, but like most other OCs, he disappears after this episode and is never seen nor heard from again.
- Okay, so time for the stupid part of the episode. Wily's real plan is to release a virus that turns all of the robots in the city into mindless "cave-bots" that are apparently easy for him to control. Most of that sounds alright, except for it being stated to "reverse mechanical evolution", which apparently physically turns humanoid robots into crude ape-like creatures. I don't think biology or robotics work that way...
- Robosaurs hatch from eggs? I don't think robotics work that way either...
- As a park filled with robotic dinosaurs, it feels likely that Slashman's level in MM7 was a deliberate reference to this episode.
- And many years later, MM10's plot seems to hearken back to this episode as well, what with Wily spreading a virus that turns robots mindless and violent.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon - by JadePharaoh - 04-20-2016, 01:00 AM