Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon

Now here's a stock cartoon plot if ever there was one; the inevitable shrinking episode.

- I wasn't sure about the changes made to Dustman from his original artwork, but overall I think he looks pretty cool. He even uses his arm cannon at one point! (He's always drawn with one, but never actually fires from it in the games.)
- Despite the cliche "shrunken hero" plot, the rest of the plot reminds me a little of TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist. Special gems, used to shrink down cities, and in Wily's case, selling them on the black market.
- Wily deploys some recognizable stage enemies in this episode, the Battontons! Kinda cool how they call them by the original Japanese names, rather than the lame-sounding "Bubble Bat", which is what they're called in the MM2 manual.
- I don't recall them being able to shoot lightning, though...
- I just realized something. The first three cities Wily shrunk down were Washington DC, Chicago, and New York City, in that order. Out of curiosity I mapped out the route, and it would have taken at least 25 hours for the robot masters' van to follow that whole distance. Later, they're discussing bagging Pittsburgh and Cleveland next, then heading all the way to Los Angeles from there. I guess where I'm getting at with this is, how long would it take for others to notice a major city being almost literally wiped off the map? 
- By the way, Megaman and Roll stopped the last two mobsters' cars by causing them to crash spectacularly, flipping one over. If they were carrying the cities, wouldn't they have been destroyed, and killed all of the people that were shrunk down with them? If they weren't carrying the cities, how did they find where they were being stashed?
- Well, it's late, and I am clearly thinking way too much about this. G'night.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon - by JadePharaoh - 04-20-2016, 02:27 AM