Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon
Okay, onward to season 2, then. Season 2 seemed a lot less consistent than the first as far as production quality was concerned; episodes seemed to alternate between looking amazing - far better than season 1 - and looking like utter crap. It definitely shows that there were multiple animation studios working on these. (Actually, now that I mention it, it's reminding me of a very similar controversy going on now with DragonBall Super's production quality and it's lack of consistency thereof).

Again, the order I'm posting them here is the episode order on my DVD sets. The actual broadcast order might have been different.

- This episode shows another trend that started with this season; they start putting Megaman in a variety of suits and vehicles that weren't in the games. This was quite obviously done with the intent to introduce them to the toyline had the series been allowed to continue farther. I'll talk more about the merchandising in a later post.
- The suit introduced in this episode is an aquatic combat suit that presumably allows for greater mobility underwater and equips Megaman with a harpoon gun. It might be accidental, and I could be reaching, but it kinda makes him look like Bubbleman, to compensate for him never actually showing up in the series.
- By the way, the robotic mooks that Wily uses in this episode, as well as other episodes in season 2, don't seem to resemble anything I've seen in the games... as if there was any shortage of them to choose from...
- Elecman just floored Megaman with a single Thunder Beam; very faithful to the games if you ask me...
- Another thing I've noticed that seems to have changed from the previous season to this one. In season 1, Protoman was very insistent on either convincing Megaman to heel-turn or destroy Megaman himself, and would blatantly disobey Wily in doing so. In season 2 he doesn't seem to do that nearly as much and is more willing to go along with Wily. I wonder if the doctor did a little reprogramming offscreen?
- All of that firepower on Wily's sea-fortress, and whoever's shooting clearly graduated from the Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy. Keep firing, assholes!!
- Roll got some really good character development this season. This episode in particular shows her doing plenty of kickass stuff herself, including doing reconnaissance on Wily's fortress and holds her own just fine against Wily's robot masters. Beats the hell out of the "stay in the kitchen" moments she got back in early season 1.
- Love the gag with Gutsman and the doors Laughing
- Megaman destroyed the fortress's reactor by copying Protoman's weapon, which somehow enhanced the power of his own Mega Buster. That might have been executed better if Wily didn't explain it to the audience about a minute or so before it actually happens...
- Overall though, I think this was one of my favorite episodes of the whole series.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon - by JadePharaoh - 05-09-2016, 09:58 PM