Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon

- Wily's invented a device that lets him transmit his robots into peoples' dreams and control them through hypnotic suggestion. This episode came out well before Inception, but since this is the future, I like to think Wily came up with the plan after watching it, although it's missing the whole "dreams-inside-dreams" bit.
- Interesting; Megaman and Roll were watching The Last Dragon, an actual kung-fu movie by the late, great Bruce Lee.
- Also interesting how Megaman could tell what the mayor was wearing through his car that he should have been driving by too fast to tell...
- This episode is riddled with plot holes. A security code is one thing, but why would Wily need to probe the police chief's head to get a simple name of the space station's head of security? Is that really classified information not available to the general public? Kept at police headquarters, no less? It just always felt like a really convoluted way just to find out a person's name outside of, say, Death Note...
- BTW, the chief of police is a serious pansy in his dreams...
- Roll: "Megaman! The police chief is at police headquarters...!!!"
Me: You gotta be shitting me, Roll; what the hell would he be doing ther...
Roll: "... in his bathrobe!"
Me: Oh. Okay.
- The cliffhanger before the first commercial break actually puts Megaman in the same death-trap from Future Shock; paralyzed to a train track with a train approaching. Only with a dumber resolution. How shooting the track made it flip him in the air the way it did is one thing, how he did it without derailing that train and killing or injuring a whole lot of people on it is something else...
- Once again we see Dr. Light employing robots like the ones from the games instead of Dr. Wily. In this case, they look like either Bunby Heli from MM1 or Helipon from MM4. 
- So Wily got in the security chief's head, but is it odd that none of the rest of the security force questioned his order to attack Earth's hero? Perhaps that's why they merely arrested him rather than "destroy him on sight" as they were told?
- Strange that despite not seeing him yet, Megaman knew it was Bombman who "almost got" them with the explosive in the jeep. Yes, I know "bomb" is in his name, but he's far from the only one who can use explosives and that wasn't one of his traditional acme bombs he uses.
- Finally the episode is resolved with Megaman going Freddy Kreuger on Wily's robots in the dream world.
- Once again, I know I am thinking way too hard about these. I guess that's what happens when you're at work late at night and you're bored Silly

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon - by JadePharaoh - 05-11-2016, 12:47 AM