Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon

This is one of those episodes that had some pretty poor production quality from a visual standpoint (compared to what we've seen so far from Season 2), yet I still really like this episode regardless.

- The plot, essentially; Dr. Light has devised a new defense system for the U.S. military; Dr. Wily counters with a nigh-invincible robotic spider, complete with energy-draining webs. Good times all around.
- Y'know, it just occurred to me; Wily didn't seem to use robotic spiders in the games too much, but the first fortress boss of MMX was one, and it was a bitch for me to kill the first time playing that game. Wonder if he was taking notes...
- The restaurant scene is a little interesting. We saw it a little with Rush and his battery biscuits in earlier episodes, but we see here that robots apparently do eat. Albeit a different kind of food, some kind of robot food at the very least. (Now that I think about it, the E-Tanks were treated as something similar as well.) Technically they shouldn't have to eat, but they apparently have a way of doing so as a way of blending in with humans a little more. It's a bit of a plot point in a later episode, so I thought I'd mention that at least.
- That was an neat plot point for Megaman to use his weapon copy ability to copy the spider's web so Dr. Light can analyze it and discover a weakness. Unfortunately, it contained a glaring plot hole; Dr. Light already HAD a piece of the web. Why did Megaman and Roll have to do through all the trouble that they did to copy ANOTHER web?
- A minor observation; the return of cheesy journalist extraordinaire, Brie Ricotta. Just thought it was worth pointing out since, as mentioned before, most OCs in this series have been one-shots.
- Probably my favorite part of this episode, Quickman puts in an appearance.
- Battontons also make a return. They seem to be the most recurring stage enemies in this series.
- The robot museum has one exhibit featuring a tall skinny humanoid robot alongside a short, dome-headed robot. The reference is not lost...
- Quickman was pretty slow in the head though, to fall for a trick like that...
- Brightman makes a return as well. Again, why him and not Pharaohman I will never understand... Nonetheless, he was pretty formidable here.
- Rather unnecessary tension with having to guess the two negative wire strands, if you ask me.
- Brightman's weapon is super-effective on Quickman; seeing how similar it is to Flashman's Time Stopper, it makes absolute sense.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon - by JadePharaoh - 06-04-2016, 02:21 AM