Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon

I believe that, despite appearing as Ep. 4 on my DVD set, this was the first broadcast episode of Season 2, and I remember it certainly leaving me wanting more the first time it aired!

- So the plot of this episode involves a meteor crashing to Earth, and Dr. Wily harvesting a material of it as a super power source for his robots. I wonder if Megaman 8 swiped a good chunk of its plot from this episode...
- Snakeman and Drillman both make a return appearance.
- Some of my own Megaman LPs incorporated the "Wily, you are a sick man!" clip that, while not quite a meme, was still something I found quite appropriate for some of them...
- I always thought it was funny how Megaman seems to just be able to hover in the air there at 7:42.
- Megaman: "I feel like I'm in a video game!"
... Should we tell him...?
- By the way, what IS up with this wild west-style town? I'm guessing this is some kind of amusement attraction; I can't imagine this being an actual old-west town in the Megaman universe.
- The way the train was crashed looks like it should have killed, or at least severely injured, just about everyone on board. Fortunately (unfortunately?) for them the episode doesn't place any importance on them after this.
- But still Dr. Wily goes for the Bond Villain stupidity as far as Megaman is concerned. He and his robots had at least a couple of solid opportunities to kill Megaman, but squandered it on some kind of death trap instead, be it with the Battontons, or dragging him behind that horse.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon - by JadePharaoh - 06-04-2016, 03:32 AM