Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon
It's been so long since I've done one of these. But I need to finish up so I can move on to other series Winking
Anyway, what I've posted on Facebook before and the Halloween episode.

- So Dr. Wily's grand scheme this time: he's built robots based on classic horror monsters - the Mummy, Wolfman, Dracula, and Frankenstein's monster - to terrorize the English countryside, film their antics as a "monster movie" and use it to threaten the rest of the world into submission.
- I love how snarky Protoman is in this episode:
Wily: The world may call me insane, Proto...
Protoman: Sounds right to me.
- Given the theme of this episode, I would have rather liked to have seen Skullman and/or Shademan appear in this episode. Granted, this show was likely produced before MM7, so no Shademan; in fact the Dracula robot might have been slightly based on him. Other than that, however, no robot master of the week other than Cutman and Gutsman.
- Despite this being the future, England seems to be still stuck in the Victorian era - similar to the previous episode, where they seemed to be stuck in the old West. Either it's a VERY backwoods town this is happening in, or it's some kind or tourist attraction.
- A one-off character for the episode, Evelyn Wray; she's probably supposed to be a reference to Faye Wray, the original "scream queen", best known for her role in the original King Kong movie.
- Overall I liked this episode, but byfar the silliest part was how Wily's Wolf-bot and Dracu-bot could literally transform Dr. Light and Evelyn into a werewolf and vampire respectively. I'll get back to that later...
- Now that I think about it, Megaman 7, not only had Shademan, a vampire-based robot master, but his stage also featured were-bots as stage enemies. I dunno if Capcom based him off this episode like Slashman felt based on Robosaur Park, or if it was all an amazing coincidence.
- The scene at the end seems to imply the whole thing was just one of Evelyn's movies, thus explaining the transformations mentioned earlier. Still a bit of a funny ending.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon - by JadePharaoh - 02-10-2017, 06:31 AM