Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should we Kickstart the Past?
Jason, try Nier if you have a PS3/360. You'll either love it or hate it. Action RPG.

It's as close as I've found to the Quintet games on SNES in the feeling you get while playing it and the "soul" of the game. Plus, the soundtrack is top 5 all time (I do not say that lightly).

But, I agree, there are few newer games that give me the feeling a had when I was younger. I've tried most of these newer JRPGs and I just can't stand the characters or the voice actions or the dialogue or all of it. It's just...blech. There are a few exemptions, but most are really, really bad. Platformers, hey, at least there's still Nintendo making good Mario and DK games. Most action games are all spectacle, no substance. I tried Hyrule Warriors earlier this year, and it was incredibly repetitive. It's tough to find games that still appeal to me or give a feeling older games do.

As for Shenmue, I don't necessarily have a problem with gauging interest if that's the last step between some older ideas coming back and the production of those ideas. I have no interest in Shenmue 3, but it's good for fans of the series to get a finale they've been waiting for. I think consumers can relegate the market for Kickstarter pretty well. For the example of Shenmue, it got like 3.2 in two days for the hardcore fans to buy in if they really wanted it. Since then, it's been slowing down to a crawl for the funds backing. That says to me, the market for these "rebooted" games slowly weeds out after time, the only reason this was hit so hard was because Sony had it at their conference and gave it the "hype" factor. I think people will slowly burn out on the concept of Kickstarter other than the hardcore, and if that's enough to get the developers to start production and test the market, so be it.
No Man's Sky is awesome...and disappointing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvAwB7ogkik

Messages In This Thread
Should we Kickstart the Past? - by MephistoZX - 05-11-2015, 03:25 PM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Jason - 05-11-2015, 11:33 PM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by MephistoZX - 05-12-2015, 07:19 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Jason - 05-12-2015, 08:53 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by MephistoZX - 05-14-2015, 10:41 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Jason - 06-23-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by MephistoZX - 06-23-2015, 08:04 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Jason - 06-23-2015, 09:50 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Jason - 07-06-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Ragnatz - 07-06-2015, 09:03 AM