Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jade's Stream 2/25/17
A continuation of before, as I attempt to complete both games' fortress levels:

TLDW: I beat RosenkreuzStilette, and unlocked a code for Grollschwert mode, which lets you play as Grolla, who plays very much like Zero from MMX and is essentially Hard Mode as she is a glass cannon with only a short-range sword and doesn't get new weapons from the bosses.

I made it to Patchouli's second phase in MegaMari, but wasn't able to beat her. Her stage has the obligatory boss rush, which is rough in itself since several of them are tough even with their weakness, but then Patchouli herself I understand has THREE phases that you must also beat on a single life (and a comment in the chat mentioned the third phase has an instant-kill attack at that...). And at that point I was over my time limit and wanted to switch over to Rosenkreuz. Overall, I feel as though RosenkreuzStillete, while still pretty tough, wasn't as brutally difficult as MegaMari. MegaMari is difficult to the point of borderline unfair at times, it might almost require you to know exactly which boss weapons to assign to both characters in advance, and it is extremely stingy with 1-ups and E-tanks, especially in those later levels (and you lose all of your E-tanks if you game over, so you can't farm). As I pointed out on my stream, most of Rosenkreuz's difficulty is in the boss fights; most of them are extremely difficult, as least until you know their weakness, but even then it always mean they'll be easy. Most of the stages are relatively short, they don't throw as much cheap or unfair stuff at you (with only a handful of minor exceptions *glares at Freudia's level*), and they're more generous with 1-ups and E-tanks (and allows me to keep them if I game over). And if you want a more grueling challenge, there's Grollschwert mode...