Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farewell Konami *Snake salute*
Well, in response to that video....

Duh!

That's why most AAA publishers don't announce their games until deep into production, usually only months to a year before release. Marketing people know the value of hype, and how long it will actually last.

With Kickstarter, you are announcing very early in the dev cycle (sometimes still in pre-development). But, then again, to Jason's point, with some of the money that these kickstarter games make, it doesn't matter if a single copy is sold after the fact - unless they take so long that they actually blow all their profits in dev costs.
[Image: ragnatzsignature.jpg]
Therein was also what got Capcom into such hot water with MM Legends 3. I'm not sure if they officially announced it or if the fact that development had started on it got leaked and the internet took it from there. I do know that tons of games are started and quietly cancelled all the time, but I've heard some people say that MML3 was announced way earlier than these games usually are and as a result got peoples' hopes up which backfired in a big way when it got cancelled...