Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Video Game Hall O' fame
Link to story here

The Strong National Museum of Play announced Super Mario Bros., along with five other games, will make up the inaugural class of its World Video Game Hall of Fame.

Selected from a list of fifteen finalists, the six inductees are Super Mario Bros., Doom, Pac-Man, Pong, Tetris, and World of Warcraft. Notable games that missed the cut include The Legend of Zelda, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Minecraft.

Inductees were selected based on the following criteria: icon-status, longevity, geographical reach, and influence. The Strong notes Super Mario Bros. strong icon-status -- featuring characters such as Mario and Bowser -- and its geographical reach -- selling more than 40 million copies worldwide.

____

Zelda is a bit of a snub, but I guess I can understand WoW.
No Man's Sky is awesome...and disappointing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvAwB7ogkik
I like this idea but I think they need to keep it to the same standards most other Hall Of Fames do.

So the Rock & Roll HoF says it has to be 25 years after the first album... similar things should work for games. SMB, Doom, Pac-Man, Pong, Tetris... all of those games are well over 15 years old. WoW just barely turned 10.
Yeah, I agree they should have had Legend of Zelda instead of WoW.

Well.... Let's do our own then... Show em how it's done.
And Ye Shall Recieve