Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Mechanics that you Really Like
Hey folks! If you listened to Episode 91 of Electric Leftovers, I posed a question about game mechanics that you really enjoy. I gave SMT's Push Turn system as mine, and Jason responded with liking the Baton Kaitos combat system.

So what about the rest of you? What do you like?
[Image: ragnatzsignature.jpg]
The Camera/Invention System in Dark Cloud 2. Literally take pictures of things around you and use that as inspiration for inventions. It was a lot of fun.

The Insight system in Bloodborne. As you gain more insight, you see more of the true nature of the world around you and slowly devolve into beasthood/madness. Very Lovecraftian. Made for some shocking discoveries on the first playthrough.

Saving townspeople by defeating monster lairs in Soul Blazer. A great way to make the combat and fighting mean something, you can unlock the townspeople and try to save them all.

Mario 64. Collecting stars. Nothing needs to be said, it basically invented the collect-athon platformer and my OCD thanks it mightily.
No Man's Sky is awesome...and disappointing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvAwB7ogkik