Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mega Mans?
Jaaaaaaaaaade?

What's your favorite-est Mega Mans of all? In order from mostest to not mostest.
For the original series, from favorite to least favorite, would probably be;
MM4, MM3, MM6, MM2, MM7, MM9, MM5, MM10, MM1, MM&B, MM8.

As for the X series;
X3, X4, X2, X1, X8, X6, X5, X7

That is interesting.... to be sure.
It's probably not what most peoples' lists would look like, yes. Most consider MM2 to be the be-all-end-all of the original series and they regard X1 as the same for the X series.

I'm in that camp I'd say. I wasn't really expecting MM1 to be so far down your list. Especially not below 4 and 5, but I forget your like 4 a whole lot more than I do.
It's hard to rank the original series anyway though; as I don't dislike any of them. It was a little easier with the X games since X7 is simply horrible and I found X5 kinda boring.

I can understand that.

What is it, for you, that makes MM4 the best of the classics? And 3 the best of the X's... as I'd consider 3 to be one of the weakest in the series myself.
Overall it might just be a personal preference, but I do feel that MM4 is the first one to find a balance in its bosses and weapons. It has much more polish than 3 (that one is high on my list mainly for being the first one I owned, thus spent a lot of time playing as a kid), and arguably more than 2 as well. None of the weapons feel ridiculously broken (Metal Blade, Top Spin, etc) or borderline useless (Hyper Bomb, Spark Shock, etc). I really liked the robot masters in this one (even the ones a lot of people thought were stupid, like Toadman and Dustman), as well as the Cossacks; part of that may have to do with the fact that I used to be in a MM4 RP/fan-fic group a long time ago before I started doing LPs (where part of my screen handle comes from). I also feel it has a very under-appreciated soundtrack; I've heard some people comment that the soundtrack in MM4 is one of the worst, and indeed I don't see the remixers do near as much with it as they do with MM2 and 3 (IMO, MM8 has the weakest soundtrack in the series; that's why it's last on my list).

As for MMX3, I really don't know. While I'd agree that it may not quite have the polish that the first game did, it just really appealed to me for some reason. I did really like the Mavericks of this game; I just wish they had done more with some of them than just have them dash back and forth 80% of the time. That game also had a really awesome soundtrack that is again passed over by the remixers in favor of X1.

I can see what you mean about then soundtrack in 4... it's not bad... not my favorite but it's pretty good.

X3 really felt unfinished to me. Kinda like what you're saying about the bosses just rushing back and forth... the whole game felt, to me, that it could have used a few more months in development and it could have been awesome. However I felt that the soundtrack, like a lot of the stages, was repetitive. And the whole tone of the game was really quite different than X and X2. It was kinda weird for me.

That said, it's almost how I feel about MM3. It could have been better if it had been in the oven longer.