Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nintendo, E3, and The Unpleasable Fanbase
Your edit hits it.

Wii U seems to be, after they finish the already announced games on it, essentially a legacy console until NX is released. The fear of that is compounded by what the Metroid series guy said.

"If we started for Wii U now, it would likely take three years or so. So it would likely now be on Nintendo's NX console," said series producer Kensuke Tanabe, speaking to Eurogamer at E3.

What that says to me, is that any new game they consider is going straight to NX. It also somewhat confirmed NX as a console.

3DS did have a strong showing for the most part (though the multiplayer Metroid Prime game looks horrendous to me) but I personally wanted to see something more for the Wii U. Every game they showed we knew about for at least a year.

Finally, I saw a lot of anger towards the Animal Crossing F2P game. Which, you know, people seem to hate F2P. Also, it's not really F2P in a sense that you need an Amiibo to play the game and multiple to play multiplayer. Animal Crossing fans (which I am not one of) wanted another AC game, despite every new iteration being essentially the same as the one before except with a few tweaks. And, this combined with the Skylanders thing many people seem to be getting tired of Nintendo shillin' Amiibos.

I personally have no rage or anger at Nintendo for this E3, just disappointment. The ones who do are the ones who make the fanbase look bad. Like you, I was very excited for Mother to finally be release and I thought Star Fox looked pretty fun. Other than that...meh.

I thought Square had a great showing. Nier 2, a new RPG studio making a totally new RPG, new Deus Ex, Star Ocean, and even FF7- mostly for the morbid curiousity at how they handle the game.

Sony did have a decent showing aside from FF7,but nothing great.

It's sad the thing that interested me most in Microsoft's E3 was Rare Replay, mostly for Blast Corps again and Banjo Tooie, which I never owned.
No Man's Sky is awesome...and disappointing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvAwB7ogkik

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nintendo, E3, and The Unpleasable Fanbase - by MephistoZX - 06-18-2015, 07:23 AM