Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My amiibo Check List
For those wondering "What do they do?", here's a little list of some of the things they unlock in various games. This is by no means a complete list as I don't own every game that's compatible, but I'll add things as I find them:

Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS
- Scanning an amiibo of any playable character from the game (even from different sets, like the Super Mario lineup) creates a "Figure Player" of that character that you can then train and spar with in standard Smash matches. It levels up as it fights (LV 50 is the current cap), and you can also customize it with the various equipment found in the game. Also, the more it fights, the more equipment, trophies, and coins it will pick up for you.

Mario Kart 8
- Scanning any of the following amiibos will unlock a racing outfit for your Mii character based on that particular character: Mario (or Dr. Mario), Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Rosalina, Wario, Donkey Kong, Link (or Toon Link), Samus (or Zero Suit Samus), Kirby, Fox, Captain Falcon, Olimar, Villager, Megaman, Sonic, and Pac-man.

Hyrule Warriors
- Scanning a Link (or Toon Link) amiibo for the first time will unlock the Spinner weapon for Link. Scanning a Link/Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, or Ganondorf amiibo will give you a high-rank weapon for that respective character. Scanning any other amiibo will award you with a random low-rank weapon, material, or rupees. You cannot scan the same amiibo more than once per day, and you cannot scan more than five amiibos per day. Oddly, the Wolf Link/Midna amiibo behaves like one of the miscellaneous amiibos, rather than give a high-rank weapon for Midna.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Scanning a Toad amiibo will unlock a hide-and-seek minigame where you must find a 8-bit Toad somewhere in one of the levels. Scanning any other amiibo will give you a 1-Up.

Splatoon
- Scanning one of the Inkling amiibos will unlock bonus challenges for different stages in the single-player campaign. Completing them will reward you with new equipment, weapons, and mini-games.

Super Mario Maker

- Scanning a 8-bit Mario amiibo will allow you to place Mega Mushrooms in your level. Scanning any other amiibo will create a "Mystery Mushroom" that changes Mario into a 8-bit sprite of that specific character. In other words, you can make any amiibo character playable in your levels!!

Yoshi's Woolly World
- Scanning any amiibo will give your Yarn Yoshi a new appearance based on the character that was scanned. In addition, collecting five special yarn balls in any stage will also unlock a new appearance for Yarn Yoshi. Any of these can be copied to any Yarn Yoshi amiibo; if it is scanned in any stage, it will insert that Yoshi into the stage as a double of the player that responds to the same control inputs.

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival
- The amiibos from the Animal Crossing set act as your game pieces in this board game much like Mario Party, only in the Animal Crossing universe. Also, that amiibo gains EXP after each game that will allow you to customize your game piece in-game. Scanning the Villager amiibo will replace the Gyroid statue in the town square with a golden Villager statue.

Megaman Legacy Collection
- Apparently the 3DS version will have additional bonus challenges not in the console versions that can be unlocked by scanning a Megaman or Gold Megaman amiibo (the Gold Megaman will be packaged with the Collector's Edition of the game).

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
- Scanning the Wolf Link + Midna amiibo will unlock a bonus dungeon in the game. As for the other Zelda amiibos, scanning a Link/Toon Link amiibo will replenish your arrows while a Zelda/Sheik amiibo will replenish your hearts. Sounds kinda broken, but you can only do this once every 24 hours, just like Hyrule Warriors. Scanning a Ganondorf amiibo, however, unlocks a hard mode where you take double damage from enemies! You can also register one of your save files to the Wolf Link + Midna amiibo, and scanning it at the title screen quick-loads that file automatically!

Amiibo Tap
- This one's admittingly a pretty blatant shill for both the amiibos and the Wii U Virtual Console. Scanning any amiibo will unlock a series of timed demos for a random NES or SNES game available on the VC.

Other games that utilize amiibo that I don't own:

Mario Party 10

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

Skylanders: SuperChargers

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy +

Codename: STEAM

Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS

One Piece: Super Grand Battle X (Which only came out in Japan. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!)

Messages In This Thread
My amiibo Check List - by JadePharaoh - 08-11-2015, 12:20 AM
RE: My amiibo Check List - by JadePharaoh - 08-11-2015, 05:35 AM
RE: My amiibo Check List - by Ragnatz - 08-11-2015, 02:44 PM
RE: My amiibo Check List - by JadePharaoh - 08-11-2015, 05:05 PM
RE: My amiibo Check List - by Ragnatz - 08-12-2015, 01:52 PM
RE: My amiibo Check List - by JadePharaoh - 08-27-2015, 10:50 PM
RE: My amiibo Check List - by JadePharaoh - 10-01-2015, 12:16 AM
RE: My amiibo Check List - by Ragnatz - 10-08-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: My amiibo Check List - by JadePharaoh - 10-16-2015, 12:44 AM
RE: My amiibo Check List - by MephistoZX - 10-16-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: My amiibo Check List - by JadePharaoh - 10-17-2015, 01:34 AM